This traffic, arrival and departure plan is intended to facilitate arrangements of arrivals and departures. It includes:
- Setup Guidance
- Early notification of arrangements to attendees
- Advanced event access/ route signing at site approaches
- One-way system for drop-offs and exit
- Internal signing to drop off points and exits, which are monitored by volunteer traffic marshals
- Designated parking areas for Leaders, Staff and parents staying the weekend, VIPS, and disabled parking.
- Arrangements have been included for coach & minibus arrivals, drop-off, collections/ departures and contractors.
- The Traffic plan uses the existing Three Counties Showground site colour code gate nominations
All group contacts will receive on or around the 1stJune 2019 the following information and items:
- Personalised attendee wristbands
- Group Booking Attendance Sheet
- Vehicle Passes for Leaders and contractors
- Beaver Luggage Labels
- Shirejam 2019 Camping Final Briefing Pack
The use of the above items is explained in this document.
You will find at the end of this document site maps detailing traffic information and locations. All the planning to date is in line with recognised best practice for the Scout Association, experience and feedback received from similar sized, recent events elsewhere in the UK. The information is in line with the purple guide form the events forum industry. The Shirejam 2019 event plans compliments the Three Counties Showground existing policies, procedures and contingency plans and local arrangements and contingencies. There are approximately 4,000 people onsite during this weekend, the arrivals, departures and set up plans are designed to support and safeguard the young people on site.
Please regularly check the camp website or Faceboook for updates and further information: